Farewell to the Register


Image result for the register

So, yes, the new controlling faction among the Register owners and I parted ways last October after eight years: four of those with me running the entire editorial show, a period of all-time record readership for the Reg (see post below). I'm not legally allowed to discuss the reasons behind my departure.


I've got a few projects under way: first up is finally getting Lions, Donkeys and Dinosaurs out as an e-book and then writing a sequel to it. I'll also be unveiling my so-far unpublished specwar-opera novel, so watch this space.

I'm available for doing other things. As Bulldog Drummond put it in his advert:

"Demobilised officer ... would welcome diversion. Legitimate, if possible; but crime, if of a comparatively humorous description, no objection. Excitement essential. Would be prepared to consider permanent job if suitably impressed by applicant for his services."

In my case, not being Bulldog Drummond, any crime would need to be outright hilarious, not to mention safe, victimless and extremely lucrative. Or anyway, be covered by a tolerably robust public-interest defence. But otherwise, yes.

I can be reached via: lewis(at)lewispage.co.uk